Toddler dies, found with bites, scratch marks
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and the Department of Children and Family Services are investigating the apparent beating death of a 2-year-old girl on the city's South Side.
Police say the case is being investigated as a homicide.
No charges have been filed as of yet.
Two-year-old Armani Cotton was found unresponsive in bed with bite and scratch marks on her body.
She was rushed to a hospital where she died.
DCFS says it is looking into allegations of abuse against the boyfriend of the child's mother.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake