Toddler dies, found with bites, scratch marks
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and the Department of Children and Family Services are investigating the apparent beating death of a 2-year-old girl on the city's South Side.
Police say the case is being investigated as a homicide.
No charges have been filed as of yet.
Two-year-old Armani Cotton was found unresponsive in bed with bite and scratch marks on her body.
She was rushed to a hospital where she died.
DCFS says it is looking into allegations of abuse against the boyfriend of the child's mother.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become core class under new CPS plan 12 min ago
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa 27 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- 7 in :77