Jennifer Hudson, Death Cab to perform at Taste of Chicago
April 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Taste of Chicago announced Thursday that Chicago's Jennifer Hudson will join Chaka Khan, Death Cab for Cutie and Dierks Bentley as headliners during the Grant Park food festival, July 11-15.
The singers will perform at Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park as part of the 32nd Annual Taste of Chicago. For the first time, people can purchase tickets, starting at $25, to get a spot in the Petrillo Music Shell, which has only 3,000 seats. Tickets will go on sale on the Taste of Chicago website, tasteofchicago.us, in late May.
Lawn seats remain free and open to the public.
Hudson will kick off the Taste on Wednesday. The Bronzeville native will take the stage at 6:45 p.m. after a 5:30 p.m. opening act (TBD).
XRT is sponsoring Thursday's performance by Grammy-nominated Death Cab for Cutie.
On Saturday, R & B star Chaka Kahn will headline with Raphael Saadiq opening at 5:30 p.m.
On Sunday, country music singer Dierks Bentley performs at 4:45 p.m. Lindi Ortega will open the show at 3:30 p.m.
- Taste of Chicago Headliner Schedule:
- Wednesday, July 11 at 5:30 p.m.: Jennifer Hudson
- Thursday, July 12 at 5:30 p.m.: Death Cab for Cutie
- Friday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m.: TBD
- Saturday, July 14 at 11:30 a.m.: Radio Disney Kids Show TBA
- Saturday, July 14 at 5:30 p.m.: Chaka Khan/Raphael Saadiq
- Sunday, July 15 at 3:30 p.m.: Dierks Bentley/Lindi Ortega
The 32nd Annual Taste of Chicago runs July 11 to 15 in Grant Park, opening at 11 a.m. each day. For more information on the free admission festival, call 312.744.3316; TTY: 312.744.2964 or visit tasteofchicago.us.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds