Drivers sue city over red light cameras
April 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two drivers are taking the city to court over red light cameras.
They were ticketed after their cars were photographed running red lights. They have filed a class action lawsuit and called on other drivers to join the case.
The Sun-Times reported the lawsuit claims the city does not have the authority to use the cameras.
But the city has maintained that both the city ordinance and state law supports the use of their use.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 2 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
32 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
44 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
48 min ago