Drivers sue city over red light cameras
April 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two drivers are taking the city to court over red light cameras.
They were ticketed after their cars were photographed running red lights. They have filed a class action lawsuit and called on other drivers to join the case.
The Sun-Times reported the lawsuit claims the city does not have the authority to use the cameras.
But the city has maintained that both the city ordinance and state law supports the use of their use.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt 9 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 47 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos