Cardinal George helps celebrate Casa Jesus anniversary
April 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cardinal George helped celebrate an anniversary for a Catholic institution that helps young men pursuing a life in the priesthood.
Saturday night was the 25th anniversary of the Casa Jesus which serves the Chicago Arch-Diocese as a recruitment and training facility for Hispanic men interested in becoming priests.
The cardinal himself was also honored in observance of his 75th birthday at Saturday night's Palmer House celebration.
The cardinal turned 75 back in January.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos