Emanuel event interrupted by mental health activists
April 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Activists upset over cuts to mental health clinics interrupted Mayor Rahm Emanuel at an event Sunday.
The mayor was actually leaving the event at the time.
Emanuel's security detail and police kept the protesters at a distance.
Since announcing cuts and closures of mental health clinics, there have been numerous demonstrations by people who rely on the clinics for care.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 41 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 54 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds