Emanuel event interrupted by mental health activists
April 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Activists upset over cuts to mental health clinics interrupted Mayor Rahm Emanuel at an event Sunday.
The mayor was actually leaving the event at the time.
Emanuel's security detail and police kept the protesters at a distance.
Since announcing cuts and closures of mental health clinics, there have been numerous demonstrations by people who rely on the clinics for care.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 23 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos