Chicago doughnut shop named best in US
April 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago is not the second city, it's number one when it comes to doughnuts!
The current issue of Food and Wine has ranked the best of the sweet treats, from independent stores across the country.
The Doughnut Vault in Chicago tops the list. The shop is on North Franklin.
The magazine editors cite its "big, fresh" chocolate-glazed and pistachio-covered doughnuts and $1 cups of coffee.
The Doughnut Vault beat out fellow winners in New York, Boston, Seattle and St. Louis.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill. 55 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations