12-year-old girl shot on South Side
April 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 12-year old girl was injured in a shooting on Chicago's South Side Monday night.
The girl was standing on the sidewalk around 8 o'clock in the 7700-block of South Phillips when a man walked up and opened fire at another man. Police say a bullet hit the girl in the shoulder.
She was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but police say her condition has stabilized.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 5 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
23 min ago