Man charged in Skokie house explosion
April 24, 2012 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Criminal charges have been filed against a 53-year-old man from Prospect Heights in connection with a December 2011 arson investigation in Skokie.Stefan Kogut was charged with two counts of arson after a home on Kimball exploded the morning of December 12.
Police say Kogut was found near the vacant two-flat's rubble and taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston with injuries from the incident.
A Skokie police report in January suggested that an accelerant may have been used.
The building was later torn down.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building 25 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 13 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park 18 min ago
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55 16 min ago
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery 9 min ago
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft 45 min ago
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace...
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos