Weekend closure planned for I-55-to-LSD ramp
April 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There will be weekend ramp closures on the Stevenson to and from Lake Shore Drive as part of an ongoing pavement-patching project.
The first closure begins this weekend from the inbound Stevenson to southbound Lake Shore Drive.
The detour will have drivers exit northbound on Lake Shore Drive to 18th St., exit and re-enter LSD going southbound.
Each week at 10 a.m. Monday, one lane in both directions of I-55 just west of U.S. 41 is being closed until 5 a.m. Thursdays. The closure schedule will be repeated until the project's tentative completion date of June 28.
In May, IDOT will be scheduling a second lane closure in both directions of I-55 just west of U.S. 41 that will last approximately one week.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 34 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos