Weekend closure planned for I-55-to-LSD ramp
April 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There will be weekend ramp closures on the Stevenson to and from Lake Shore Drive as part of an ongoing pavement-patching project.
The first closure begins this weekend from the inbound Stevenson to southbound Lake Shore Drive.
The detour will have drivers exit northbound on Lake Shore Drive to 18th St., exit and re-enter LSD going southbound.
Each week at 10 a.m. Monday, one lane in both directions of I-55 just west of U.S. 41 is being closed until 5 a.m. Thursdays. The closure schedule will be repeated until the project's tentative completion date of June 28.
In May, IDOT will be scheduling a second lane closure in both directions of I-55 just west of U.S. 41 that will last approximately one week.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77