Witness: Balfour repeatedly threatened Jennifer Hudson's family
April 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A key witness in the murder trial of William Balfour said the defendant threatened to kill the family several times during a 2008 conversation.
Balfour is charged in the murders of Jennifer Hudson's three family members. Her nephew, mother and brother were killed in 2008. Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, Julia.
On day four of the trial, witness Robbin Myers said two months before the murders he saw Balfour at a child's birthday party with Julia. At that time, Myers said Balfour appeared agitated and began to ramble about the Hudsons, threatening the family "at least 10 times." He told the jury Balfour said, "She doesn't like me, she doesn't want me around. She thinks she is better than everyone else." Myers also said he saw that the handle of a gun was in Balfour's waistband at the party.
Balfour is accused of using a gun that belonged to Hudson's brother, Jason, in the murders.
Myers didn't speak to police or the state's attorney's office until they contacted him last year.
Also on Thursday, Balfour's ex-girlfriend Diana Grant was called to testify. She said she spent several nights with Balfour at an apartment across the street from the Hudson's Englewood home. Grant said two months into their relationship she found out Balfour was married to Julia Hudson.
Jennifer and Julia Hudson sat together with Jennifer's fiance in the courtroom Thursday. Court was adjourned for the day just after 4 p.m.
local, sarah schulte
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach 13 min ago
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 10 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases 10 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data? 30 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured 41 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
10 min ago
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment,...
41 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos