Martin family attorney addresses Rainbow PUSH
April 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents joined The Rev. Jesse Jackson Saturday at Rainbow PUSH.
Benjamin Crump talked about news that a website has raised more than $200,000 for George Zimmerman, the man who killed the Florida teenager.
Crump has called this revelation "a bombshell.'" Zimmerman was released from jail this week after posting bond.
His family had told the judge they have had trouble coming up with the money to free him. Crump says this raises questions about Zimmerman's credibility.
"Trayvon Martin is dead," Crump said. "We don't know his version of what happened. The only other witness now is George Zimmerman and it's his credibility. And if he'll lie about little things like money and bond hearings, we know he'll lie about big things dealing with whether he's going to be convicted of second-degree murder."
Zimmerman's lawyer said the failure to disclose the money was an oversight.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos