Chicago police arrest nine in drug bust
April 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say they've arrested nine people involved in an open-air drug market on the city's West Side.
Police say their investigation was prompted by a spike in shootings and violence near the corner of Ohio and Hamlin.
Officers say they watched as several drug deals were carried out. In addition to the arrests, police recovered $3,000 worth of heroin and $6,700 in cash.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 21 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 35 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River mouth
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 5 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
21 min ago