Chicago police arrest nine in drug bust
April 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say they've arrested nine people involved in an open-air drug market on the city's West Side.
Police say their investigation was prompted by a spike in shootings and violence near the corner of Ohio and Hamlin.
Officers say they watched as several drug deals were carried out. In addition to the arrests, police recovered $3,000 worth of heroin and $6,700 in cash.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos