'Somebody killed my mother,' Julia Hudson 911 call released
April 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A phone call made to 911 by Jennifer Hudson's sister on the day three family members were killed was released by a judge on Monday.
"Somebody killed my mother... Somebody killed my mother! Please," a hysterical Julia Hudson tells the 911 dispatcher after finding her mother's body in 2008. "I'm scared. Please send an ambulance."
Listen to the call.
Julia's then-husband, William Balfour, is accused in the triple murder.
"Oh my God," Julia says in the phone call.
"I don't understand what you're saying. You better stop screaming," said the dispatcher.
"Somebody killed my mother! . . . Somebody killed my mother," she said.
"Somebody killed your mother," the dispatcher repeats.
Julia had just returned from her job as a bus driver when she saw the lifeless body of her mother on the floor of the family's Englewood home. She ran outside and called 911.
"She's on the floor and I see blood coming from her head," Julia Hudson said. When asked if her mother, Darnell Donnerson, is breathing, Julia said, "I don't know... I just ran out of the house."
When asked if she needed an ambulance, Julia replied, "I don't know. I'm scared. Please, yes, please send an ambulance, please."
Julia Hudson is heard in the call saying she doesn't understand where her brother, Jason, or her 7-year-old son, Julian King, are. "I don't know where Julian is or nothing and I'm here by myself."
She tells the dispatcher, "There's a bullet hole in our front door."
The calls were played for jurors in Balfour's murder trial last week and were released after several media outlets filed a motion with Cook County Judge Charles Burns.
Last week, the jury heard testimony that a police officer found Jason Hudson's body in the home. Julian's body was found three days later in a SUV. The award-winning actress and singer was in court Monday morning with her sister, but both left before graphic photos of Julian were shown.Balfour has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77