Police: Woman attacks sleeping ex, new girlfriend
April 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An Elburn woman allegedly broke into an ex-boyfriend's apartment early Sunday morning and attacked him and his new girlfriend.
According to the St. Charles Police Department, Caitlyn R. Knight, 21, of Elburn, and her friend, Octacia L. Williams, 23, of Maple Park, broke into the St. Charles home around 4:15 a.m. Sunday, April 29. Knight allegedly attacked her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend with a set of keys and her fists as they were sleeping at his home. Williams is accused of punching the new girlfriend in the nose.
As the victim called 911, the offenders fled. They were found by a canine unit from the Kane County Sheriff's Department hiding near Knight's home in unincorporated Elburn, police said.
The female received cuts and bruises and were treated at the scene and then at a local hospital. The male had cuts and scratches on his hand and forearm.
Officials said Knight had a key to the home. She and her ex-boyfriend broke up the week before.
Knight and Williams face two counts of felony Home Invasion and face 6 to 30 years in prison if convicted.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit