Marilyn Monroe statue not 'Forever'
May 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The popular Marilyn Monroe statue is leaving Chicago.
The "Forever Marilyn" statue has been turning heads on Michigan Avenue since last July.
The 40,000-pound sculpture in Pioneer Court will be taken down next Monday.
The 25-foot statue depicts Monroe in that famous pose from the film The Seven Year Itch.The non-profit group which owns the statue is preparing to move it to a new city. That new location is expected to be announced in a few weeks.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 29 min ago
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson 44 min ago
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting 32 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case