Marilyn Monroe statue not 'Forever'
May 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The popular Marilyn Monroe statue is leaving Chicago.
The "Forever Marilyn" statue has been turning heads on Michigan Avenue since last July.
The 40,000-pound sculpture in Pioneer Court will be taken down next Monday.
The 25-foot statue depicts Monroe in that famous pose from the film The Seven Year Itch.The non-profit group which owns the statue is preparing to move it to a new city. That new location is expected to be announced in a few weeks.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap