Marilyn Monroe statue not 'Forever'
May 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The popular Marilyn Monroe statue is leaving Chicago.
The "Forever Marilyn" statue has been turning heads on Michigan Avenue since last July.
The 40,000-pound sculpture in Pioneer Court will be taken down next Monday.
The 25-foot statue depicts Monroe in that famous pose from the film The Seven Year Itch.The non-profit group which owns the statue is preparing to move it to a new city. That new location is expected to be announced in a few weeks.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin