Stepmother to testify in child abuse death case
May 3, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- The stepmother of a 13-year-old boy whose body was buried at a mobile home park will plead guilty in the case and help Indiana prosecutors.
Christian Choate was found buried in a Gary mobile home park.
Prosecutors say he endured a life of beatings, abuse and was often placed in a dog cage.
In exchange for leniency, Kimberly Leona Kubina will testify against her ex-husband, Christian's father.
Riley Choate has pleaded not guilty.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin