Stepmother to testify in child abuse death case
May 3, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- The stepmother of a 13-year-old boy whose body was buried at a mobile home park will plead guilty in the case and help Indiana prosecutors.
Christian Choate was found buried in a Gary mobile home park.
Prosecutors say he endured a life of beatings, abuse and was often placed in a dog cage.
In exchange for leniency, Kimberly Leona Kubina will testify against her ex-husband, Christian's father.
Riley Choate has pleaded not guilty.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor