US Marshals to take over ex-Dixon comptroller's ranch
May 3, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The former comptroller of Dixon, Ill., who is accused of stealing $53 million in city funds, was back in federal court Thursday.
During the hearing, Rita Crundwell did not object to the U.S. Marshals Service taking over her ranch near Dixon. She has more than 300 horses there and at other locations around the country.
Prosecutors say Crundwell used stolen money to bankroll her high-profile horse breeding business and a luxurious lifestyle.
Crundwell is expected to enter a plea to one count of wire fraud during her arraignment next Monday.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 7 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 11 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans 28 min ago