Lisa Lubin, former producer for 190 North, spending night at the McCormick Bridgehouse and Chicago River Museum
May 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman is getting another memorable experience to write about.
Lisa Lubin, a former 190 North producer at ABC 7, is calling the Chicago Bridgehouse home for the next 24 hours. ABC 7's Theresa Gutierrez was there as Lubin showed off her new pad.
World traveler Lubin, winner of the Friends of the Chicago River's Night at the Bridgehouse contest, has moved into the McCormick Bridgehouse and Chicago River Museum for the next 24 hours.
"This is just another fun adventure in my own hometown," Lubin said.
Lubin will be doing what no one else has: spend the night with girlfriends in her own private urban oasis. She will be able to explore the museum and take advantage of spectacular views overlooking the river and the city. The prize also includes a Wendella boat architecture tour.
"I get to have three friends stay here, so it is going to be four girls staying here in our cool urban loft," said Lubin. "You cannot get a better address...dinner next morning, kayaking on the river, see them raise the bridge-- that is going to be cool ."
Friends of the Chicago River selected Lubin as their contest winner because they believe she is a great unofficial Chicago ambassador.
"Her dreams for the Chicago River are want," said Friends Of The Chicago River's Ozana Balan-King. "We want to see people enjoy it."
"I always tell people go to the lake, it is beautiful, said Lubin, "but also take a tour of the river."
local, theresa gutierrez
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos