Attempted bank robbery on Michigan Avenue
May 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A bold daylight robbery attempt stopped traffic on the Magnificent Mile Monday morning.
A man reportedly walked into the Citibank branch at 539 N. Michigan and announced he had a bomb. He demanded cash, and a teller apparently handed over a bag a money, but the man somehow fled without the loot.
Investigators from the Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit were called to the bank. As a result, a portion of Michigan Avenue was closed for a time while police investigated.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 54 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 59 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77