Attempted bank robbery on Michigan Avenue
May 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A bold daylight robbery attempt stopped traffic on the Magnificent Mile Monday morning.
A man reportedly walked into the Citibank branch at 539 N. Michigan and announced he had a bomb. He demanded cash, and a teller apparently handed over a bag a money, but the man somehow fled without the loot.
Investigators from the Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit were called to the bank. As a result, a portion of Michigan Avenue was closed for a time while police investigated.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos