Attempted bank robbery on Michigan Avenue
May 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A bold daylight robbery attempt stopped traffic on the Magnificent Mile Monday morning.
A man reportedly walked into the Citibank branch at 539 N. Michigan and announced he had a bomb. He demanded cash, and a teller apparently handed over a bag a money, but the man somehow fled without the loot.
Investigators from the Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit were called to the bank. As a result, a portion of Michigan Avenue was closed for a time while police investigated.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 22 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 23 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
20 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
22 min ago