Attempted bank robbery on Michigan Avenue
May 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A bold daylight robbery attempt stopped traffic on the Magnificent Mile Monday morning.
A man reportedly walked into the Citibank branch at 539 N. Michigan and announced he had a bomb. He demanded cash, and a teller apparently handed over a bag a money, but the man somehow fled without the loot.
Investigators from the Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit were called to the bank. As a result, a portion of Michigan Avenue was closed for a time while police investigated.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 53 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 18 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 30 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos