Peterson attorneys trying to keep Stacy out of Savio trial
May 8, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson's legal team does not want jurors to hear about his missing fourth wife during the trial over the death of his third wife.Attorneys for Peterson asked the judge to bar mention of Stacy Peterson's disappearance during the upcoming trial for the 2004 murder of Kathleen Savio.
It was Stacy Peterson's disappearance that prompted investigators to exhume Savio's body. Her death was originally ruled an accident after Savio was found dead in a dry bathtub. Her death was later ruled a homicide.
Stacy Peterson reportedly made some of the disputed hearsay statements allowed into the trial by an Illinois appellate court.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 36 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 44 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee 53 min ago
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 55 min ago
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations continue
48 min ago
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
43 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
53 min ago