Chicago museums close 3 days for NATO Summit
May 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three popular Chicago museums -- Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago, and Shedd Aquarium -- will be closed May 19-21 during the NATO summit.
That's a Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The Field Museum will be closed only on Sunday, May 20, for a NATO event, and operate on normal hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Saturday and Monday.
The announcement was made Wednesday in a join news release from the museums, which also stated that the museums will be open during normal business hours leading up to the summit through Friday May 18 and will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 22. Regular transportation and parking access will be available.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 58 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All