Chicago museums close 3 days for NATO Summit
May 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three popular Chicago museums -- Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago, and Shedd Aquarium -- will be closed May 19-21 during the NATO summit.
That's a Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The Field Museum will be closed only on Sunday, May 20, for a NATO event, and operate on normal hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Saturday and Monday.
The announcement was made Wednesday in a join news release from the museums, which also stated that the museums will be open during normal business hours leading up to the summit through Friday May 18 and will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 22. Regular transportation and parking access will be available.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses... 36 min ago
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay... 57 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos