Firefighters battle blaze in southwest suburban Stickney
May 10, 2012 (STICKNEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Firefighters battled a stubborn fire at a plant in an unincorporated part of southwest suburban Stickney Thursday afternoon.It happened in the 4800-block of South Austin.
Heavy, black smoke could be seen coming from the burning structure, which appears to have been some kind of metal recycling plant.
So far there is no word on any injuries.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 5 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago