Aurora boy Timmothy Pitzen missing one year
May 11, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police released new video surveillance of a 6-year-old Aurora boy who has been missing for almost a year.
Timmothy Pitzen, now 7, was last seen on May 13, 2011, with his mother, Amy Fry-Pitzen, in the Wisconsin Dells. Pitzen-Fry, who had a history of depression, was found dead in a Rockford motel room on May 14, 2011, after killing herself. She left behind a note saying the boy was safe, but would never be found.
Police hope the video clips, which show Timmothy with his mother at Key Lime Cove Resort in Gurnee, Ill., on May 12, 2011, and then at the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells on May 13, 2011, will renew public interest in the case. Officials hope the public can help them to locate some of Timmothy's belongings -- a Spiderman backpack, toothpaste and some toys his mother had just bought him. His mother's cell phone, which he used to talk to some relatives on May 13, has not been found.
"It's a possibility that Timmothy is alive. And again, we have no supporting evidence either way that Timmothy is either alive or that he met with foul play," Aurora Police Public Information Officer Dan Ferrelli said.
When he went missing, Timmothy was about 4'2" tall and weighed about 70 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.
Police say Fry-Pitzen's I-Pass transponder and email account led them to areas in northwestern Illinois. Mud and plants found on the woman's SUV came from the area.
"One of the things we were looking at were some unusual minerals that were in the sample and if some potential quarries where these road materials are [found], some different ones come up and we see that some of that material is consistent with what we found on the vehicle, then that gives us another avenue of investigation," Christopher Palenik, Microtrace, said.
Timmothy's father has moved out of state and was not available to comment. His maternal grandmother said she believes the boy is alive - and that her daughter would never have hurt him.
local, evelyn holmes
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin