Walsh, Duckworth debate economy
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Candidates for the 8th Congressional District had their first debate.
Republican Joe Walsh and Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth argued Friday night over the economy and taxes.
Walsh said the nation's deficit could be cut with tax reductions and job creation.
Duckworth agreed the debt should be reduced but with cuts in defense spending and no more tax breaks for millionaires, oil companies and agri-business.
WGN-TV sponsored the debate.
Walsh was elected to congress in 2010. Duckworth is a former U.S. assistant veterans affairs secretary.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 39 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 25 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos