Walsh, Duckworth debate economy
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Candidates for the 8th Congressional District had their first debate.
Republican Joe Walsh and Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth argued Friday night over the economy and taxes.
Walsh said the nation's deficit could be cut with tax reductions and job creation.
Duckworth agreed the debt should be reduced but with cuts in defense spending and no more tax breaks for millionaires, oil companies and agri-business.
WGN-TV sponsored the debate.
Walsh was elected to congress in 2010. Duckworth is a former U.S. assistant veterans affairs secretary.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney 22 min ago
- Antwone Price's body found in West Englewood car 3 min ago
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash 1 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015 9 min ago
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- Penny Pritzker questioned at Senate confirmation hearing 7 min ago
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave 5 min ago
- Penny Pritzker questioned at Senate...
7 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
22 min ago
- Antwone Price's body found in West...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos