Walsh, Duckworth debate economy
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Candidates for the 8th Congressional District had their first debate.
Republican Joe Walsh and Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth argued Friday night over the economy and taxes.
Walsh said the nation's deficit could be cut with tax reductions and job creation.
Duckworth agreed the debt should be reduced but with cuts in defense spending and no more tax breaks for millionaires, oil companies and agri-business.
WGN-TV sponsored the debate.
Walsh was elected to congress in 2010. Duckworth is a former U.S. assistant veterans affairs secretary.
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 29 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 51 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court 23 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast 11 min ago
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
51 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
29 min ago