Walsh, Duckworth debate economy
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Candidates for the 8th Congressional District had their first debate.
Republican Joe Walsh and Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth argued Friday night over the economy and taxes.
Walsh said the nation's deficit could be cut with tax reductions and job creation.
Duckworth agreed the debt should be reduced but with cuts in defense spending and no more tax breaks for millionaires, oil companies and agri-business.
WGN-TV sponsored the debate.
Walsh was elected to congress in 2010. Duckworth is a former U.S. assistant veterans affairs secretary.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic 15 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 28 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
15 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
28 min ago