Hayworth Gala marks 25th anniversary
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Alzheimer Association's Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala.
The black tie event is a tribute to Hayworth, who lost her life to Alzheimer's disease in 1987.
The actor's daughter established the Rita Hayworth Galas to pay tribute to her mother.
Among the items up for auction are a custom necklace worn by Michelle Pfeiffer in the upcoming Tim Burton film, Dark Shadows.
Since they began, the galas have raised more than $56 million for critical Alzheimer's Association care, support and research programs.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit