Hayworth Gala marks 25th anniversary
May 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Alzheimer Association's Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala.
The black tie event is a tribute to Hayworth, who lost her life to Alzheimer's disease in 1987.
The actor's daughter established the Rita Hayworth Galas to pay tribute to her mother.
Among the items up for auction are a custom necklace worn by Michelle Pfeiffer in the upcoming Tim Burton film, Dark Shadows.
Since they began, the galas have raised more than $56 million for critical Alzheimer's Association care, support and research programs.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs 39 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 49 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 18 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons 13 min ago
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
39 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
49 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos