Congress Bridge completely reopened
May 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Work on the Congress Bridge and Parkway is now complete, meaning there are now four lanes open in each direction.
A $33 million rehab project has been under way for the last two years.
Construction took longer than first planned. It was supposed to be completed at the end of last year.
Illinois Department of Transportation officials said unexpected mechanical and technical problems and a brief construction workers' strike slowed the project.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 28 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 14 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster 13 min ago
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
14 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
50 min ago
- Festival Fridays
53 min ago