Congress Bridge completely reopened
May 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Work on the Congress Bridge and Parkway is now complete, meaning there are now four lanes open in each direction.
A $33 million rehab project has been under way for the last two years.
Construction took longer than first planned. It was supposed to be completed at the end of last year.
Illinois Department of Transportation officials said unexpected mechanical and technical problems and a brief construction workers' strike slowed the project.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 25 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10 45 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek 57 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
25 min ago
- I-Team Thursday at 10
45 min ago