Congress Bridge completely reopened
May 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Work on the Congress Bridge and Parkway is now complete, meaning there are now four lanes open in each direction.
A $33 million rehab project has been under way for the last two years.
Construction took longer than first planned. It was supposed to be completed at the end of last year.
Illinois Department of Transportation officials said unexpected mechanical and technical problems and a brief construction workers' strike slowed the project.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits