Some South Shore trains canceled for NATO
May 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several South Shore commuter trains will be canceled during the NATO Summit in Chicago, the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District announced Monday.
According to a news release, on Saturday and Sunday, May 19 and 20, all South Shore trains will operate, but the McCormick Place and Museum Campus/11th Street stations will be closed.
The following changes will be in effect Monday, May 21:
-The Museum Campus/11th Street station will remain closed.
-All westbound South Shore trains normally arriving at Millennium Station between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. will be canceled, including:
Westbound service will resume with Train 220 arriving at Millennium Station at 7:55 p.m. Train 22 will also run arriving at Millennium Station at 10:21 p.m.
The following outbound South Shore trains from Millennium Station are also canceled:
For more information on the South Shore Line, visit www.nictd.com.
In general, commuter rail lines in Chicago will not be closed to riders during the NATO Summit. However, passengers should plan for delays, restrictions and cancelations as trains approach and pass through the downtown area due to necessary security measures.</
Additional information on route changes for Metra trains during the NATO Summit will be available online via Metra at metrarail.com.
Changes to bus routes within the vehicle and pedestrian restricted areas will be necessary. Information on route changes will be available on the Chicago Transit Authority website at TransitChicago.com.
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 38 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 47 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 48 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
38 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
48 min ago