Man struck by Metra Rock Island train
May 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who was struck by a train Friday while walking along the tracks is in fair condition, Chicago police say.
The 46-year old was struck near 105 th and Longwood Drive, which is between two stations on Metra's Rock Island Line. He suffered a gash to his head and has been transported to Christ Hospital.
Train No. 510 northbound from Joliet to Chicago was delayed.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life 30 min ago
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security