Fr. Pfleger's son, 32, dies in Florida
May 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago priest Michael Pfleger says his 32-year-old son, Beronti Simms, has died.
Father Pfleger says his son had been coping with an illness the past few years.
Simms died Sunday in Florida four days after a surgery.
Father Pfleger adopted Beronti in 1992. He has another son, Lamar, adopted in 1981. He was a foster parent to a third boy, Jarvis Franklin, who was fatally shot in 1998 near Pfleger's St. Sabina Church.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 37 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash 21 min ago
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77