Fr. Pfleger's son, 32, dies in Florida
May 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago priest Michael Pfleger says his 32-year-old son, Beronti Simms, has died.
Father Pfleger says his son had been coping with an illness the past few years.
Simms died Sunday in Florida four days after a surgery.
Father Pfleger adopted Beronti in 1992. He has another son, Lamar, adopted in 1981. He was a foster parent to a third boy, Jarvis Franklin, who was fatally shot in 1998 near Pfleger's St. Sabina Church.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...