Fr. Pfleger's son, 32, dies in Florida
May 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago priest Michael Pfleger says his 32-year-old son, Beronti Simms, has died.
Father Pfleger says his son had been coping with an illness the past few years.
Simms died Sunday in Florida four days after a surgery.
Father Pfleger adopted Beronti in 1992. He has another son, Lamar, adopted in 1981. He was a foster parent to a third boy, Jarvis Franklin, who was fatally shot in 1998 near Pfleger's St. Sabina Church.
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos