Fr. Pfleger's son, 32, dies in Florida
May 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago priest Michael Pfleger says his 32-year-old son, Beronti Simms, has died.
Father Pfleger says his son had been coping with an illness the past few years.
Simms died Sunday in Florida four days after a surgery.
Father Pfleger adopted Beronti in 1992. He has another son, Lamar, adopted in 1981. He was a foster parent to a third boy, Jarvis Franklin, who was fatally shot in 1998 near Pfleger's St. Sabina Church.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos