Former Blago chief of staff to begin sentence
May 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich's former chief of staff, John Harris, will begin serving his 10-day prison sentence Tuesday.
Harris was convicted of helping the former governor attempt to sell President Barack Obama's old U.S. Senate seat.
Harris had faced a maximum five-year sentence, but the judge noted his cooperation with authorities, which included testifying against Blagojevich.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 26 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 36 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 15 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
26 min ago