Chicago ranks 5th of bike-friendly cities
May 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago ranks fifth among the 50 most bike-friendly cities in the country and has jumped five rungs from its last ranking, according to Bicycling Magazine's 2012 list.
The magazine cites Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's promise to install 100 miles of protected bike lanes and the city's plans to expand its bike-sharing program.
It also lauded the Bike The Drive event, which is coming up Sunday, May 27.
Portland, Ore. is rated number one, followed by Minneapolis.
- CPS school closures begin
- Body recovered from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 16 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos