Chicago ranks 5th of bike-friendly cities
May 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago ranks fifth among the 50 most bike-friendly cities in the country and has jumped five rungs from its last ranking, according to Bicycling Magazine's 2012 list.
The magazine cites Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's promise to install 100 miles of protected bike lanes and the city's plans to expand its bike-sharing program.
It also lauded the Bike The Drive event, which is coming up Sunday, May 27.
Portland, Ore. is rated number one, followed by Minneapolis.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77