Chicago man accused of killing his roommates
May 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 52-year-old man is charged in a double murder on Chicago's South Side.
Police say Michael Myrieckes killed his roommates in an apartment in the 6500-block of South Kenwood last Friday night. The victims were identified as Avelino Sanchez, 68, and 49-year-old Lori Inman.
Police say the suspect had barricaded himself in the apartment but later surrendered.
Myrieckes faces two counts of murder.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 48 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 58 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 49 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home