West Chicago woman's death investigated
May 29, 2012 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer found dead at a home in Unincorporated West Chicago died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to investigators.
Neighbors said they heard what sounded like a gunshot about 2:30 p.m. Monday. Police and emergency crews arrived a short time later. Chief Dan Callahan with the Wayne Police Department says the woman who died had been an officer with his department for ten years.
The DuPage County Major Crimes Task Force is continuing its investigation.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement 25 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday 47 min ago
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS 36 min ago
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos