West Chicago woman's death investigated
May 29, 2012 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer found dead at a home in Unincorporated West Chicago died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to investigators.
Neighbors said they heard what sounded like a gunshot about 2:30 p.m. Monday. Police and emergency crews arrived a short time later. Chief Dan Callahan with the Wayne Police Department says the woman who died had been an officer with his department for ten years.
The DuPage County Major Crimes Task Force is continuing its investigation.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 1 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 2 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 56 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 57 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home