West Chicago woman's death investigated
May 29, 2012 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer found dead at a home in Unincorporated West Chicago died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to investigators.
Neighbors said they heard what sounded like a gunshot about 2:30 p.m. Monday. Police and emergency crews arrived a short time later. Chief Dan Callahan with the Wayne Police Department says the woman who died had been an officer with his department for ten years.
The DuPage County Major Crimes Task Force is continuing its investigation.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants 20 min ago
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash 18 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness 44 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident 37 min ago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- NU women's basketball team committed to...
44 min ago