Business community gives mayor high marks in poll
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new poll by the Chicago Retail Merchants Association gave Mayor Rahm Emanuel a 68-percent job approval rating.
Fifty-seven percent say the mayor has done an excellent to good job improving the city's business climate.
Seventy-eight percent gave a thumbs-up to the mayor's handling of the NATO summit. And 71 percent side with the mayor in contract negotiations with teachers, saying the teachers should wait for an independent report before going on strike.
To review the entire poll, visit irma.org/poll-results.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 52 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 46 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor