Business community gives mayor high marks in poll
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new poll by the Chicago Retail Merchants Association gave Mayor Rahm Emanuel a 68-percent job approval rating.
Fifty-seven percent say the mayor has done an excellent to good job improving the city's business climate.
Seventy-eight percent gave a thumbs-up to the mayor's handling of the NATO summit. And 71 percent side with the mayor in contract negotiations with teachers, saying the teachers should wait for an independent report before going on strike.
To review the entire poll, visit irma.org/poll-results.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 8 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 22 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 17 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos