Business community gives mayor high marks in poll
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new poll by the Chicago Retail Merchants Association gave Mayor Rahm Emanuel a 68-percent job approval rating.
Fifty-seven percent say the mayor has done an excellent to good job improving the city's business climate.
Seventy-eight percent gave a thumbs-up to the mayor's handling of the NATO summit. And 71 percent side with the mayor in contract negotiations with teachers, saying the teachers should wait for an independent report before going on strike.
To review the entire poll, visit irma.org/poll-results.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 31 min ago
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 7 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 10 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 3 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77
52 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
31 min ago