Man fatally shot on Washburne Avenue
June 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 26-year-old man was shot and killed on the city's near Southwest Side Saturday morning.
Police responded to calls of shots being fired on the 1300-block of West Washburne Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
They discovered the victim, identified as Jermaine Arnold, lying in the street with multiple gunshot wounds. He died at an area hospital about an hour later.
So far, no arrests have been made.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Woman, 51, who hit 3 cars in West Loop was high 19 min ago
- Chicagoan dies in 1-car Skokie tree crash 15 min ago
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins 32 min ago
- Ex-Benedictine monk pleads guilty to child abduction charge 52 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating...
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery