Stretch of Fullerton to close for new children's hospital
June 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big street closure is planned this weekend so patients can be moved from Children's Memorial to the new Lurie Children's Hospital.
The city announced that Fullerton will be shut down from Lincoln to Lake Shore Drive on Saturday beginning at 4 a.m.
It will remain closed until all the patients have been transferred, that could take anywhere from 10 to 18 hours.
Exit and entrance ramps to Fullerton from Lake Shore Drive will also be shut down.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 17 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center 34 min ago
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- 7 in 77