12 protesting education costs arrested
June 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Police arrested 12 protesters demonstrating against the rising cost of higher education.
Organizers say they were showing their support with demonstrators in Quebec who are fighting austerity measures and tuition hikes.
Several protesters went to the police station at 18th and State to wait for those arrested to be released. Charges are pending.
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover 37 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 20-40 injured at partial London theater collapse 11 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus