12 protesting education costs arrested
June 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Police arrested 12 protesters demonstrating against the rising cost of higher education.
Organizers say they were showing their support with demonstrators in Quebec who are fighting austerity measures and tuition hikes.
Several protesters went to the police station at 18th and State to wait for those arrested to be released. Charges are pending.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 40 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- Pit bull attacks 9-year-old boy on South Side
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos