Cocaine, cash, cars seized in drug sting; 19 charged
June 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and Federal law enforcement officials announced drug charges against 19 suspects for supplying and distributing powder and crack cocaine in the Chicago area.
Additional quantities of crack, heroin and marijuana, as well as approximately $100,000, 10 guns, and six vehicles were seized Wednesday, police said.
A joint investigation by the Chicago Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrests.
Those charged include: Odell Given; Antwan Jones; Phillip Jones; Bacilio Lopez-Rios; Maria Aguiano; Pablo Lopez; Bryant Paige; Edward Parke; Charles Bates; Andrew Sanford; Jerome Griffin; Gregory Dockery; Karvis Carter; Roosevelt Hamilton; Patrick Harvey; Edgar Delgado; Javier Diaz; Calvin Nelson and James Jones.
"Our top priority in achieving violence reduction is dismantling the drug trafficking organizations whose criminal enterprises are responsible for crime in our communities," said Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in a release.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Andersonville's Hopleaf expands gastropub menu
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos