Cocaine, cash, cars seized in drug sting; 19 charged
June 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and Federal law enforcement officials announced drug charges against 19 suspects for supplying and distributing powder and crack cocaine in the Chicago area.
Additional quantities of crack, heroin and marijuana, as well as approximately $100,000, 10 guns, and six vehicles were seized Wednesday, police said.
A joint investigation by the Chicago Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrests.
Those charged include: Odell Given; Antwan Jones; Phillip Jones; Bacilio Lopez-Rios; Maria Aguiano; Pablo Lopez; Bryant Paige; Edward Parke; Charles Bates; Andrew Sanford; Jerome Griffin; Gregory Dockery; Karvis Carter; Roosevelt Hamilton; Patrick Harvey; Edgar Delgado; Javier Diaz; Calvin Nelson and James Jones.
"Our top priority in achieving violence reduction is dismantling the drug trafficking organizations whose criminal enterprises are responsible for crime in our communities," said Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in a release.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 3 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 39 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 25 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
18 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos