Cocaine, cash, cars seized in drug sting; 19 charged
June 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and Federal law enforcement officials announced drug charges against 19 suspects for supplying and distributing powder and crack cocaine in the Chicago area.
Additional quantities of crack, heroin and marijuana, as well as approximately $100,000, 10 guns, and six vehicles were seized Wednesday, police said.
A joint investigation by the Chicago Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrests.
Those charged include: Odell Given; Antwan Jones; Phillip Jones; Bacilio Lopez-Rios; Maria Aguiano; Pablo Lopez; Bryant Paige; Edward Parke; Charles Bates; Andrew Sanford; Jerome Griffin; Gregory Dockery; Karvis Carter; Roosevelt Hamilton; Patrick Harvey; Edgar Delgado; Javier Diaz; Calvin Nelson and James Jones.
"Our top priority in achieving violence reduction is dismantling the drug trafficking organizations whose criminal enterprises are responsible for crime in our communities," said Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in a release.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...