Cocaine, cash, cars seized in drug sting; 19 charged
June 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and Federal law enforcement officials announced drug charges against 19 suspects for supplying and distributing powder and crack cocaine in the Chicago area.
Additional quantities of crack, heroin and marijuana, as well as approximately $100,000, 10 guns, and six vehicles were seized Wednesday, police said.
A joint investigation by the Chicago Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrests.
Those charged include: Odell Given; Antwan Jones; Phillip Jones; Bacilio Lopez-Rios; Maria Aguiano; Pablo Lopez; Bryant Paige; Edward Parke; Charles Bates; Andrew Sanford; Jerome Griffin; Gregory Dockery; Karvis Carter; Roosevelt Hamilton; Patrick Harvey; Edgar Delgado; Javier Diaz; Calvin Nelson and James Jones.
"Our top priority in achieving violence reduction is dismantling the drug trafficking organizations whose criminal enterprises are responsible for crime in our communities," said Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in a release.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 17 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos