No prison time for burglar shot by homeowner
June 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has pleaded guilty to burglary in connection with an attempted break-in during which he was shot.
Anthony Robinson was shot in the leg by the homeowner as he tried to break in and steal liquor, according to police.
Robinson was sentenced to two years probation and community service.
The homeowner, 81-year-old Homer Wright, was initially charged with unlawful use of a weapon in the case. That charged was later dropped.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday 30 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- Wheeling to consider assault weapons ban
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos