Rev. Jackson announces series of anti-violence marches
June 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Reverend Jesse Jackson and his Rainbow-Push Coalition Saturday announced a series of marches against gun violence that will take place on Father's Day.
Reverend Jackson says he will lead a Chicago-area march and rally outside Chuck's Gun Shop, which he says has sold more than 3,500 guns that were later recovered at crime scenes.
Similar events will take place in 14 other cities including Milwaukee, Detroit, and Atlanta.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates