Body found in dumpster ID'd as Cal City teen
June 9, 2012 (CALUMET CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Lake County Indiana coroner's office has identified the remains of a body found in a dumpster as those of a teenage girl from the south suburbs.
Sixteen-year-old Jessica Tetter was found in a trash bin in Hammond Thursday.
Tetter, who was from Calumet City, died of trauma to the head and body.
According to investigators, a person of interest is in custody and that person is known to the victim's family.
Tetter's mother reported her missing on Wednesday.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life