Hostess employees sent potential layoff notices
June 11, 2012 (WLS) -- The Hostess Bakery Company has sent potential layoff notices to all of its employees, including more than 1,000 workers here in Illinois.
Hostess is the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread.
It has bakeries in Schiller Park, Hodgkins and Peoria.
Hostess filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January, citing rising competition and pension and medical costs.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport