Hostess employees sent potential layoff notices
June 11, 2012 (WLS) -- The Hostess Bakery Company has sent potential layoff notices to all of its employees, including more than 1,000 workers here in Illinois.
Hostess is the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread.
It has bakeries in Schiller Park, Hodgkins and Peoria.
Hostess filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January, citing rising competition and pension and medical costs.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- Mole de Mayo Festival
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos