Hemingway's home sold for $525K
June 12, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- The sale of Ernest Hemingway's boyhood home in Oak Park was finalized Tuesday.
The sale of the house at 600 North Kenilworth in Oak Park attracted international attention. It sold for $525,000. According to the selling agent, there were inquires from as far away as Japan.
The couple that purchased the house intends to convert it back to a single family home. It had been divided into three apartments. They also plan to open it to the public on occasion.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families 21 min ago
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 21 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
21 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos