SB I-55 reopens after energy-drink spill
June 13, 2012 (DWIGHT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Southbound I-55 has reopened after an overturned semi blocked all lanes since an early Wednesday accident.
The truck spilled its load of energy drink cans just before 4:30 a.m. about three miles south of Highway 17 in Dwight. The interstate reopened five hours later. The truck had been uprighted by 8:30 a.m. and cleared an hour after that.
Some traffic became trapped behind the spill and after the detour three miles up the road.
The truck was headed northbound when it crossed the center line and flipped. Two people pinned in the semi were transported to the hospital in unknown conditions.
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies