Pregnant woman Tasered after allegedly tearing ticket files lawsuit
June 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Police Department faces a lawsuit from a pregnant woman who claims officers used a stun gun on her.
Tiffany Rent and her lawyers announced the lawsuit Thursday.
Rent is eight months pregnant. She says an officer gave her a ticket when she stopped in a handicapped spot last weekend outside the Walgreen's at 103rd and Michigan. Rent allegedly tore the ticket up and threw it in the officer's face. Then she says the officer shocked her with a stun gun.
"I don't think it should have went this far," she said. "It just makes me afraid of the Chicago Police Department ... there's other women that may have went through this or are going through this and it shouldn't happen ."
A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department says the department does not comment on pending lawsuits.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 16 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death 22 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back 14 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 23 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center 10 min ago
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
16 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
24 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos