I-57 accident in Markham injures 7 after popcorn shop robbery
June 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Suspects in a robbery on the city's Southwest Side fled police and crashed their vehicle into two others on I-57, injuring seven people Thursday afternoon.
The incident started with a holdup at a popcorn shop at 117th and Western. Police attempted to stop the suspects' vehicle but they took off, crashing in the southbound lanes of I-57 near 159th street.
Two people were airlifted from the scene with life threatening injuries.
The suspects are in custody.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado 55 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body 40 min ago
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars' 22 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos