End-of-school rally calls for peace on streets
June 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Friday is the last day of school for thousands of Chicago Public Schools students.
Father Michael Pfleger hosts his annual end-of-the-school-year march and rally.
The event calls for an end to street violence on the city's South and West Sides.
It begins at Saint Sabina Church at 7 p.m. Pflger sad more than 1,000 people participated in last year's event.
Also in an effort to fight violence, hundreds of Chicago police officers will be working longer hours, an effort to keep crime down as the kids get out of school.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Victim ID'd, 2nd car sought after fatal Skokie tree crash
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open in...
36 min ago
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next...
54 min ago