End-of-school rally calls for peace on streets
June 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Friday is the last day of school for thousands of Chicago Public Schools students.
Father Michael Pfleger hosts his annual end-of-the-school-year march and rally.
The event calls for an end to street violence on the city's South and West Sides.
It begins at Saint Sabina Church at 7 p.m. Pflger sad more than 1,000 people participated in last year's event.
Also in an effort to fight violence, hundreds of Chicago police officers will be working longer hours, an effort to keep crime down as the kids get out of school.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos