Historic Ford School schoolhouse moved from Algonquin to Lake in the Hills
June 15, 2012 (LAKE IN THE HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Lake in the Hills Historical Society is physically moving the historic Ford School from Algonquin back to Lake in the Hills Friday.
Prep work has been taking place since last week for the big move. The building was at 2001 W. Algonquin in Algonquin and will be moved to Ford School Park, 302 Ramble Rd. in Lake in the Hills.
Ford School had originally been in the park but was moved in 1945 by a man who bought the school and moved it to his farm. The schoolhouse is vacant. Much of the equipment to move the school has been donated, including excavation services and tree services.
The one-room school house was built in 1886.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday 30 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- Wheeling to consider assault weapons ban
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos